- Do anything in my power to come back with a happy and healthy knee (i.e. crutches, physical therapy, or anything my doctor recommends)
- Start prepping meal plans for the week, so we don’t waste food (especially produce)
- Cook a full meal at least 3 times a week (either by myself or with Heather)
- Read 2 non-school related books
- Apply for 2 scholarships
- Have fun at AST’s sisterhood retreat and bond with sisters I’m not too close with already
- Have fun at the Orientation retreat and get to know my fellow chairs
- Show my aunt around Pittsburgh when she comes to visit me!
- Have fun with formal recruitment (even though it will be stressful)
- Start off my internship with the Pittsburgh Marathon on the right foot, complete training, and start learning everything I can
- Attempt to stop procrastinating and pay attention in class (even the boring, core classes)
I know it’s a lot, but January is going to be a busy, busy month for me. I start my second semester of my junior year, start my internship with the Pittsburgh Marathon, have a sisterhood retreat with AST, have a retreat with the Orientation staff to come up with next year’s freshmen orientation theme, my aunt is coming to visit me for MLK weekend, and we have formal recruitment for AST!
I know most of my goals are not health/fitness related, but I don’t know what to do until I get the okay from my doctor to start running (or any kind of working out) again. Until then, I’ll focus on rehabilitating my knee, eating healthy, and the multitude of commitments I have this month.